Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Sweetest Words


Ok, about a year ago, we moved to the country. We moved from my hometown and away from the only home the children could remember. As a momma, this caused a considerable amount of stress in my life-worrying about the children and how they would handle it. Thankfully, it seemed to me that they settled in nicely, loving school, making friends, and generally seeming happy. Of course, being a over anxious momma, I still worried. Well, today, my wonderful, sweet, very sensitive daughter, Kaylyn, said just the right thing. As we were making jello jigglers for Claire's class party, Kaylyn looked at me and said, "Momma, I think that we have grown closer as a family since we moved. Don't you, Momma? Don't we spend more time together as a family?" Ok, the heavens opened, the angels sang and my eyes filled with tears. "Yes, honey, I think we are much closer. I love it, what about you?" Thank you Lord for the affirmation!

No comments: