Thursday, February 19, 2009

A New Friend

I am a social person. (Yeah, yeah, the understatement of the year. There is a point.) This past year has been a little hard for me because I don't have many friends yet.

Well, that's a changin'.

I have a new friend, Jenny. She is the mom of one of the boys on Nathan's basketball team and she is a friend to the other triplet mom on our street, Denise. She is super cool! Get this, Jenny and her husband are farmers. You know I have 101 questions about that. Not only that, but she dyes her own yarn and sells it. It is amazing stuff! She is a true artist. It was really cool to see the yard that she has turned from fluffy white stuff to beautiful, uniform strands of multicolored skeins of yarn. She even hand paints some! It makes me wish I knew how to knit or crochet. Here is her website: baresheepyarn.com

We went shopping at the Mennonite store the other day and had a blast-literally and figuratively. We ate lunch out, shopped at a bookstore and then...I introduced her. She had never been to Sonic. I HAD to introduce her to Sonic. She loved it of course!

We had a great day. Oh, and guess what...she doesn't like to drive so she doesn't mind my control issues! Are we destined to be great buddies or what!?!

No comments: