Monday, February 16, 2009

Nate's Special Night

Nathan has really missed his buddies from the old house. There are two special guys that he misses the most, Josh and Daniel. They are the boys that he has been best friends with since preschool. It's been hard to combine schedules to get all the boys together. Well, for Nathan's birthday, he didn't want a party. I suggested that we have Josh and Daniel over to spend the night President's Day weekend. Surly there wouldn't be that much going on that weekend! It worked out and Nathan was beyond excited...and the other boys were too! Here is Josh doing the happy dance when I met his mom to pick him up!

For their safety, and my sanity, I sent the girls over to Grammy's house, so we had a house full of just testosterone (except me, I was allowed to stay and cook for all those empty male tummies!).


This is my son's idea of a perfect gourmet birthday meal. Homemade pizza, white cheese curls, peanut butter filled pretzels, chocolate chip pound cake, grape soda, and root beer. Mmmm, Mmmmm, good! (Tums to be handed out later!) All of this would be followed by popcorn durning the movies! There was a double feature of Transformers followed by Iron Man! I was even allowed to stay and watch with the boys. It was fun!


The boys brought gifts that Nate really liked, but really the best gift for him was spending time with his "best buds". It was really great to see them back together.

I have to say, I am really proud of all of them for including Collin and Danny without complaint. As a matter of fact, several times I tried to give the boys time without Collin and Danny, but they were playing a major game of Nerf gun tag, and wanted the boys to continue participating. It was great that they all played together so well.

As for me, well I spent the two days providing FOOD for those crazy animals called preteen boys. I am convinced that they all have hollow legs! WOW, did they eat! I so enjoyed watching them enjoy what I had prepared. Check out breakfast!

That's eggs, bacon and homemade mini cinnamon rolls (there might have even been a piece of chocolate chip pound cake snuck in there, but I'm not telling). You can bet my boys wish they had that breakfast everyday!

It was a great celebration of my boy's last birthday before teen years. And, yes, I might have had to wipe a small tear away as I realized that.

No comments: