Thursday, October 30, 2008

Communal Living

When I woke up this morning I was thinking about communal living-not the Little House on the Prairie dress, funny puffy french braid, let's all marry the same old man kind and not the let's all sell everything we own, wear all hemp clothes, raise goats and smoke pot kind, but more like the Native American or Amish kind. Maybe more like a like minded-close knit community; everyone using their gifts to make our world better.

Here's my idea...Let's all get together on a large piece of land and use our "powers" for good. I think that we should all have our own living quarters, but we could have a "club house" where we can all come together and eat, watch movies, etc. and be together. Everyone would have their own job to do-but it would be one that you love to do. If you like to cook (OOH OOH OOH, ME, ME, ME!!!!) you get to cook. If you like to clean-and I hear that you crazy people are out there!-your job is to keep the place clean. If you like laundry, your job is to fight all of those stains and get the laundry done. If you love to play with kids that's your job. Of course, those of you that like to work, well, you pay the bills. All in all, I am convinced that if we lived like this we would all be happier. I guess that it's my own little idea of utopia, everyone living happily ever after doing what they were placed on Earth to do. What do you think? Would it work? Wanna come live in my little world?

4 comments:

Daddy said...

What if nobody wants to do the laundry?

Momma said...

The we're sunk! Why do you think I came up with this great idea?

ME said...

Okay. I'll do the laundry, but I don't have to cook, clean, or take care of snotty noses!!!

swoozyQ said...

lol..this is great! Nate and I would be in:) We've talked about this sort of thing several times and the Amish do have a good thing going. So if we live in our own house do I still have to clean the bathrooms??