Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

We are again at the Thanksgiving time of year. I am so thankful for happy, healthy, fun kids, a wonderful, supportive husband and a whole bunch of terrific friends. I couldn't be more blessed. I am also, as unusual as it might seem, thankful that my Papa is in heaven, not here on this Earth. He was hurting and unhappy for so long, it seems somehow good that he isn't enduring another Thanksgiving dinner. That being said, I will miss him at my table.

I am making Thanksgiving dinner again this year. I love knowing that I can cook up a feast and there will be something there that everyone will love. This year I am making both turkey and ham...not sure why I want both as this is the smallest group we have had in years, but I want both! I'm cooking, so I get what I want! Gary's family will be joining us, but my mom and Dudley will go to my brother's house for the first time. I hope they have a super time, although I will miss them. Maybe they can come over for some dessert when they get home.

I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect on their past year. My wish for each and everyone of my friends and family is that they can find many things to be thankful for and that they take the time to thank God for all of their blessings. I know I will!

No comments: